For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is PDM Recruitment Consultancy Limited
PDM Recruitment Consultancy Limited may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
Identity and contact details of the Data Protection Officer
We are not required to have an internal Data Protection Officer, however for queries regarding our Data Protection Policies or procedures please contact us in one of the following ways:
Address: 1 Waterside, Station Road, Harpenden, Hertfordshire, AL5 4US
Tel: + 44 (0) 207 754 5566
+ 44 (0)330 1222 157
What we collect
We may collect data about you, both personal data (such as your name and contact details) and also sensitive personal data (such as information in your CV or other application documentation).
What are your rights concerning your data?
You have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you from the data controller of your personal data. If you are uncertain who the data controller is of your personal data, please email or write to PDM at the contact details above.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date and will seek to ensure to do so in our capacity as a data processor on behalf of the applicable data controller of your personal information. You may ask us on behalf of the applicable data controller to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. If you would like us to correct or remove some or all of your information on behalf of the applicable data controller, please email or write to PDM at the contact details above and we will in turn liaise with the data controller of your personal information.
Any data subject has the right to object or demand that the processing of their personal data be stopped by making a request to the applicable data controller. If you are uncertain who the data controller is in respect of your personal information, please email or write to PDM at the contact details above.
All requests for the above must be submitted in writing.
What do we do with the information we gather
The personal data and sensitive personal data will be stored, processed, used and disclosed by us in the following ways:
- to provide our recruitment services to you and to facilitate the recruitment process
- for internal record keeping (and under the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003 (“the Conduct Regulations”), if applicable, PDM Recruitment Consultancy is obliged to keep a record of your information for a period of at least one year after the date on which PDM Recruitment Consultancy last provides services to you in the course of its business)
- to assess data about you against vacancies or assignments which we judge may be suitable for you
- to send your information to clients in order to apply for jobs or assignments or to assess your eligibility for jobs or assignments
- to other potential employers or engagers and to other recruitment companies or intermediaries involved in managing the supply of personnel
- to enable you to submit your CV or other application documentation, apply online for jobs or assignments or to subscribe to alerts about jobs or assignments we think may be of interest to you
- to market our full range of recruitment services to you
- to enable us to develop and market other products and services and to improve our customer service and to make our services more valuable to you (including tailoring our website when you log on to enrich your personal online experience)
- to send you details of reports, promotions, offers, networking and client events and general information about the industry sectors which we think might be of interest to you
- to answer your questions and enquiries
- to third parties where we have retained them to provide services that you or our client have requested, such as references, qualifications and criminal reference checking services, verification of the details you have provided from a third party source, psychometric evaluation or skill test
- to third parties who perform functions on our behalf and who also provide services to us, such as professional advisors, IT consultants carrying out testing and development work on our business systems, research and mailing houses and outsourcing partners
- to regulatory or law enforcement agencies if we believe in good faith that we are required by law to disclose it in connection with the detection of crime, the collection of taxes or duties, in order to comply with any applicable law or order of a court of competent jurisdiction, or in connection with legal proceedings
- to use your information on an anonymised basis to monitor compliance with our equal opportunities policy
- to contact you for market research purposes from time to time
We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail [unless you have informed us via email that you do not wish to be contacted by certain means of communication].
From time to time we may seek your consent to process, use or disclose your information for any other purpose not listed above.
You will be notified in the event of any such transfer and you will be afforded an opportunity to opt-out.
How long will we keep your data for?
Data, including personal data and confidential information, shall be retained for a period of 6 months following the expiration of the contractual relationship or last contact on file.
This retention period may vary where required by other applicable laws or regulations.
How can I stop PDM processing my data?
Where consent is withdrawn, we may still need to process your data in order to meet our contractual and legal obligations.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Sending us information over the internet and storage of data
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our internet services provider. The nature of the internet is such that we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us via the internet.
Transfer of your personal data outside of the EEA
The personal data we collect from you may be transferred outside the EEA either by PDM Recruitment Consultancy Limited and/or by any of the third parties to whom your personal data may be disclosed to as listed in the section “What we do with the information we gather”. Such transfers will occur where they are necessary as part of the recruitment and/or related services we provide to or for you, e.g. where you apply for a position or assignment outside the EEA, or where the transfer is authorised by law. By providing personal data you agree that your data may be transferred outside of the EEA in such circumstances.
PDM Recruitment Consultancy Limited and/or the third parties to whom we may disclose your personal data may store your personal data on a server overseas. By providing personal data you agree your data may be transferred to servers located overseas.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure your data is treated securely outside of the EEA.
How we collect and aggregate information about visitors to our websites
We also collect information about the way jobseekers and visitors use this website in order to improve our services. We do not use information gained in this way in a way that any individual can be identified, and only use it to understand our users better, and to determine aggregate trends, most popular pages, etc, for all the website’s users. We may share this kind of aggregate data with selected third parties to assist with these purposes. We may also undertake marketing profiling to help us identify services or jobs which may be of interest to you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website
Links to other websites
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following way:
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.