Our client is a global technology and business consultancy, focused on the financial services sector. They are passionate about helping our clients succeed in an ever-changing industry.
To sum up my clients business they are:
- Experts in banking and payments, capital markets and wealth & asset management.
- Deep knowledge in financial services offering, including e.g. Finance, Risk and Compliance, Financial Crime, Core Banking etc.
- Committed to growing our business and hiring the best talent to help us get there.
- Focus on maintaining our nimble, agile and entrepreneurial culture.
As a SimCorp Architect (Managing Principal position), you will:
- Be responsible for defining, maintaining and leading SimCorp Dimension platform architecture (technology platform, design standards and configuration patterns) working with other business and technology stakeholders in the bank.
- Define and document architecture ownership with multiple cooperating applications, lead design and development of proof of concepts and conduct reporting and data integration evaluations.
- Undertake project initiatives of high complexity and serve as technical lead to others.
- Ownership and Strategy: bring understanding and experience for investment management capabilities (including reconciliation and corporate actions), operational practices, industry processes, and investment services data knowledge.
- Lead project solution and application architecture deliverables where SimCorp Dimension is the core component of the technology solution delivery.
- Develop and maintain SimCorp Dimension architecture roadmap including bank’s products, ecosystem management, integration and reporting patterns in alignment with other technology roadmaps.
- Lead technical evaluations to assess the merits of various solution options against business criteria, technical requirements and managing tradeoffs.
- Oversee technical design specifications for SimCorp Dimension configuration and data integration requirements.
- Innovation o Stay abreast of changes in SimCorp Dimension, Investment management vendor landscape (Front, Middle & Back solutions), and provide guidance on specific bank usage patterns or products.
- Stay current on technology and software trends, application architecture methodologies and techniques, advocating for adoption of new products and standards while promoting continuous improvement.
- Analyze and prepare recommendations to address existing and potential trouble areas in SimCorp Dimension as part of a continuous improvement process in consideration of changes in business environment, improvements in scalability, availability, maintainability, and TCO drivers and operational differentiators.
- Identify need for and conducts POCs on new/emerging application architectures, integration and development frameworks.
- Develop strong relationships with key bank’s business partners
- Collaborate with domain specific, location, and global architects.
- Collaborate closely with the applications lead engineers to ensure design and architecture are in sync and inform each other.
- Provide technical guidance and work with IT development staff to address challenges that arise, especially when broad/systemic impacts are critical to system success.
- Prepare comprehensive top management reviews.
- Contribute to project / program validation and follow-up process.
- Review and provide guidance for Dimension Integration solutions defined by others and ensure adherence to bank integration patterns and guidelines.
- Insure that established standards for products, platforms and methods of work and architectural principles are adhered to in all solution architectures involving SimCorp Dimension.
- Contribute to and challenge organization and capacity planning.
Experience and Background Technologies:
- 10+ years of demonstrated hands on technology and architecture leadership role with increasing responsibility and scope in financial services firms.
- Extensive experience working with the SimCorp Dimension platform (i.e. development, implementation, architecture, consulting) and interfacing solutions (e.g. Third party vendors, Data providers, SWIFT, etc.).
- Extensive experience collaborating with senior management (IT & Business), application architects, infrastructure engineers and business analysts to identify, design and implement highly complex, end to end solutions.
- Application development experience is a plus.
- Data and Processes o Extensive financial services industry experience particularly in mutual funds & assets processing (middle-office, fund accounting, Investment Accounting), complex securities, financial reporting and related back office systems / processing.
- Solid knowledge and/or experience in Investment Operations data domains including Portfolio Management, Trading, Pricing, Security Master, Accounting, Settlement, Reconciliation and Compliance.
- Working experience of investment industry in an international environment.
Why join our client?
- You will work on engaging projects with some of the largest banks in the world, on projects that will transform the financial services industry.
- A work culture focused on innovation and creating lasting value for our clients and employees
Ongoing learning opportunities to help you acquire new skills or deepen existing expertise
- A flat, non-hierarchical structure that will enable you to work with senior partners and directly with clients A diverse, inclusive, meritocratic culture
- We can’t have a current SimCorp employee.
- We’re open for permanent or contractor
- Location: Paris or London
- Language: French &/or English